Who does not love momos?
Almost every street of Delhi has a hot momos corner. This popular north eastern traditional food came to India from Nepal & Tibet. Traditionally due to scarcity of vegetables in hilly areas it was stuffed with meat only and seemed with hot chilli garlic dip to keep the body warm. But now endless varieties are there- among those Wheat momos with paneer stuffing are my favourites as they are comparatively more healthy choice for vegetarians. Sharing the recipe which I followed.
- Wheat flour- 2 cups
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- as required
- Paneer- one cup (grated)
- Onion- ½ (chopped)
- Garlic- ½ Tsp (chopped)
- Ginger- ½ Tsp (chopped)
- Oil- 1 Tsp
- Black Pepper- as per taste
- In a bowl take wheat flour add salt as per taste and mix.
- Add water and knead to make soft dough.
- Apply some oil on this dough. Cover and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped ginger, garlic and onion. Fry till onion is soft and brown.
- Then add paneer and black pepper as per taste. Mix well.
- Now again knead the dough little bit and make small balls.
- Dust some flour and roll thin.
- Apply water on the sides and add paneer stuffing in the centre.
- Make pleats and give it shape.
- Add water in a kadhai. Place a stand.
- Grease a flat base plate and place the momos.
- Place the plate on the stand.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes take out and serve hot.